Sunday, September 14, 2008

transportation shmantzportation

In need of a break I sat at the port yesterday morning hoping a boat would pass by heading to the main island. I finally hitched a ride to some nearby restaurants on another island then waited there until a boat hauling cargo passed by. It took about 4 hours total but ended up being free! After a little rest and relax and good conversation with some other peace corps friends hanging out at the regional leaders house I am attempting to head back to my site today. Easier said than done. I was planning to meet my ex-host family at 1pm and have been waiting ever since hoping they show up. Finally I got through on my cell phone and found out we are atleast in the same city so hopefully I can get back with them. OK, they just called, gotta go! BYE! PS things are still good :)

2 comments:

Nate said...

sorry I missed your call today Jess. I was out rollerskiing. Hope to hear from you some other time! Life here is good. Sounds like things are going pretty good there too, so yay for that :)

Holly said...

I love reading your blog and knowing what it's like to sit there waiting for a ride and all the luck involved to get one. It's also nice to read about the diffrent experiences like volleyball and the opportunities it gives the women. take care.