Saturday, June 28, 2008

I'm a real volunteer!



I'm currently sitting at a restaurant on the beach relaxing before I head to my site on Monday. Sipping pina coladas and swimming in the ocean before reality hits. Thursday was our big swearing in ceremony and we're no longer trainees but VOLUNTEERS!!! It's still very surreal- especially with our night out in the city and vacation weekend, which are completely opposite from what I will be living for the next two years. Once I get to my site on Monday I'm not supposed to leave it for three months. I won't be seeing the other 45 members of my group until November. (I'll also be bathing in a well- shown in picture below, and using a bucket for my latrine.) But, I'm very excited for the adventure that awaits me! Posted is a picture of the 46 VOLUNTEERS in group 61 with the worldwide director of Peace Corps (he's from MN!). It will be a while before I get internet access again but I'll do my best to keep in touch! I love and miss y'all back home!

No comments: