Thursday, July 17, 2008

Island Life

Ahh, Ive only got 4 min left in this rediculously expensive internet cafe so heres a super short update. Life in my new community is a rollercoaster of emotions. Each day I head out from my host familys house (which includes the parents, 9 children, 3 spouses, and 3 grandchildren) and hope to find good conversation. Ive had many great experiences including fishing on the sea, playing volleyball everyday, making bread on an open fire, hosting community meetings, and much much more. There are times I think back to my office job and cant believe where I am now. Its going to be an extremely challenging time but Im looking forward to it! Love from Panama to all reading this! Love, Jessica (Bichochi)

2 comments:

Nate said...

good luck jess! thanks for the call, it was fun to hear from you.

Ksta said...

love you girly! I'm praying for you and your crazy adventures... can't wait for the next phone call, I'll keep trying my card until it runs out...? peace